Oh, here’s some more:
- locking your account is good. You can decide who sees your stuff and feel safer, but also: you get to know who follows you by checking them out before approving.
- related to that: put something in your bio so people know what your deal is
- block / mute at will. You get to tend to your garden and you deserve to feel happy.
- punch up, not down
- but also, welcome here and pay me no mind
- cryptobros and NFT scammers fuck off 💚
@stragu I'll add that finding a well-fitting instance takes a bit of time and can be hard to do from the outside but is totally worth the effort
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!