Righto, here’s my fedi-tips:
- it’s slower here, less addictive than corp social media. This is a good thing, try and enjoy it.
- you see what you follow. No ads, no obscure reshuffling, no manipulating your emotions. Enjoy that too.
- please consider using CWs. Could it hurt, shock, upset, harm?
- please describe your pictures if you can
- give benefit of the doubt: text easily misleads
- shared something negative? Maybe follow with positive action.
- fash, queerphobes, bigots: fuck off 💚
@stragu Sadly I find it more addicting here because of the environment.
I don’t feel like I’m just wasting time quite as badly though.
@maddiefuzz as long as you find a good balance and it fills you with you good stuff! 🙂
I did get mega addicted a few months ago, but it was very much related to being in a bit of a rut in my life and using Masto as an unhealthy, late-night escape…
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!