Righto, here’s my fedi-tips:
- it’s slower here, less addictive than corp social media. This is a good thing, try and enjoy it.
- you see what you follow. No ads, no obscure reshuffling, no manipulating your emotions. Enjoy that too.
- please consider using CWs. Could it hurt, shock, upset, harm?
- please describe your pictures if you can
- give benefit of the doubt: text easily misleads
- shared something negative? Maybe follow with positive action.
- fash, queerphobes, bigots: fuck off 💚
Oh, here’s some more:
- locking your account is good. You can decide who sees your stuff and feel safer, but also: you get to know who follows you by checking them out before approving.
- related to that: put something in your bio so people know what your deal is
- block / mute at will. You get to tend to your garden and you deserve to feel happy.
- punch up, not down
- but also, welcome here and pay me no mind
- cryptobros and NFT scammers fuck off 💚
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!